Sunday, March 11, 2007

ready


From BBQN.
There are alot of things in this life that I am not. I'm not a coal miner, an agnostic, a spitfire. I'm not a priest or prophet. I'm not a Virginian. I'll never be a knitter or a baker. There's also alot of things I'll never do, and many places I'll never see. But this isn't about all that. That's all chaff. The meat in this biscuit is what I've gotta do right now. There's journeys all through life, hell, it's one big journey. But I dare say there's no journey more important or even dangerous than the one I'm about to take. Over shoes and cats and past barstools and lamps, I will make it to the front door. You can't stop me. Only a fool would entertain the thought of even slowing me. Between here and there is nothing but that which will soon be behind me. I need out of this godforsaken house, and neither armies nor mean beasties can change the fact of that little matter. I am, in every way shape and form, ready.

1 comment:

Celia Pleete said...

Ain't no stoppin' us now! We're on the move!