Monday, March 12, 2007

one of promise


From flapjackboy.
I was of fitful sleep. It was September, 1977, and balmy, and it was like.. light went in, light went out. Just like that. Light went it - light went out. And I knew right then my life was going to be different forever. I was wide awake for once, but it was all dark, so I don't know what the light was, but I got up and went outside. I was led into the shrubs but it wasn't like voices or anything, just a pressure or an ache, and I knew I was being called unto the sacred place where I was to be shown the way. Pushing into the hedge, I could see in the shadows a glint, so I reached out and put my hand on it, and it was cold, but solid, so I took it, and it almost felt like it floated to me where it belonged. It was the One Of Promise, it was THE Purple Boot, and that's when I knew that from now on, I would be telling my story over and over and over again.

No comments: